Location - Head Office, Glasgow
Established in the 1980s, and with a steadily growing retail reputation/fan base for everything outdoors, Trespass – with its 250+ high street stores – needs little introduction. Be it camping, hiking, skiing or simply walking the dog – we’ve got you well-covered and best-equipped for your next adventure (whether that’s scaling a new summit or venturing to the farthest reaches of your local park).
Trespass are a prize winning outdoor clothing company with its headquarters based near the city centre of Glasgow.
We are looking for an Assistant Buyer to join our team of 3 buyers reporting to the Buying Director.
You will be required to analyse sales and forecast demand, negotiate prices and terms with suppliers and maintain our buying/ purchasing system.
The ideal candidate will have experience within a similar role and must have the following skills to be considered:
- Knowledge of production planning and logistics
- Previous buying experience is desirable
- Self-driven with a “can do” attitude
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work with all departments and corresponding management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of areas of responsibility
- Experience using purchasing software
- Confident with using Microsoft office programmes
- Educated to degree level