Location: Head Office, Kinning Park, Glasgow
As you can imagine, the world of work has changed significantly with us all still in the midst of a global pandemic. To support our colleagues as best as we can and in response to the effects of COVID-19 and our continued growth, we are investing in 2x HR Advisors to join our HR team to support the ever evolving landscape.
This role will offer opportunities to develop new ways of working to automate and digitalise where possible and join a growing and motivated team.
You will provide a range of employee lifecycle support from administration to advice to coaching our managers, helping them through simple employee queries to complex and sensitive situations, ensuring the best support is provided. We have 3 key groups of employees across the business including our Retail Operation (UK & Europe), Head Office and Professional Services and Warehouse Operations. This offers a diverse insight into the day-to-day activity across the business areas.
Could you be who we are looking for?
- Do you enjoy working in a busy HR team?
- Do you have a track record of offering pragmatic advice on a range of employee issues in line with industry best practice and complying with legislations and employment law?
- Do you enjoy problem solving and feel passionate about case managing employee issues to resolution?
- Are you motivated when coaching managers to maximise employee engagement by sharing best practice?
- Are you a strong communicator with the ability to influence internal stakeholders at all levels?
- Can you be organised and adopt structure as well as have the ability to re-prioritise during demanding and peak periods?
- Are you an innovative thinker who enjoys identifying opportunities and interventions for continuous improvement?
- Can you demonstrate good commercial awareness and have the ability to balance employee needs?
What does a typical day sound like?
- You will work as part of a centralised team to support on employee issues through various communication methods on matters such as employee wellbeing, maternity, conduct and capability, grievances, redundancies, ACAS conciliations and Employment Tribunals and much more.
- You will support any associated administration throughout the employee lifecycle including letters, tracking and reporting.
- You will be involved in the recruitment process of our Head Office and Professional Services roles.
- You will comfortably engage in difficult conversations with employees directly or advising via their manager by having coaching conversations to achieve good working practices and maximise employee engagement opportunities.
- You will be involved in the disciplinary process remotely through the set up and full case management and occasionally be present in the meeting where required.
- You will help to identify training and learning opportunities and feedback, coach and train where required.
- You will produce quality case management administration from confirmation letters to outcomes to settlement agreements or COT3s.
Working for Trespass
- You will receive 30 days holiday to ensure you keep a healthy work-life balance and have lots of exciting plans in place to look forward to.
- Benefit from our corporate discounts for you, your friends and family, making the most of the great outdoors.
- Free parking as there is nothing worse than parking metres and additional costs, meaning... buy the coffee!
- Pension contributions and more!
We want like-minded, committed individuals to join us and be part of our continued success so if this sounds like a good fit for you then we welcome you to apply.
Salary information will be determined by experience and fit and decided at point of offer, however, if you have any questions relating to this, please get in touch.
Any other questions about the role, please contact HR@trespass.co.uk